Please call 911 if your having thoughts of suicide or other health issues!
Other mental health resources:
- Suicide Hotline at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/ 1-800-273-8255 press option 1.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) AT https://www.nami.org/
- MentalHealth.gov at https://www.mentalhealth.gov/
How to find a mental health provider:
- Ask your insurance company for a list of providers covered by your plan.
- Ask your primary care provider, physician assistant, and/or nurse
- Search on the internet by typing in counselors, psychologist, psychiatrist, or social services.
Types of mental health providers:
Here is the perfect link that explains: https://www.nami.org/learn-more/treatment/types-of-mental-health-professionals